William Alexander Scroggs
Raymond D. Shannon
Clayton E. Soule
George Asher Henderickson
A. "Andrew" Frank Martin
William H. Coppedge
Carl A. Stevens
Iron Hawthorne Nelson
Kappa Kappa Psi’s Guiding Spirit name is Bohumil Makovsky. He was born on September 23, 1878 in Frantisky, Bohemia. He was the band director and head of the Department of Music at Oklahoma A&M College (which is now known as Oklahoma State University) from 1915 to 1945. He passed away on June 12, 1950 at the age of 71 from a stroke.
Kappa Kappa Psi is a co-educational fraternal organization that advances college and university bands for the benefit of its members and society through dedicated service and support to bands, encouragement of musical growth, lifelong educational experiences, leadership opportunities, and recognition.
Kappa Kappa Psi empowers and influences the vibrant and diverse college band movement through purposeful programming, unified messaging, and excellence in service and operations.
Preamble & Purposes
Be it known that Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Fraternity for College Bandmembers, is an organization operating exclusively in the field of the college and university bands, and for the following several purposes:
(1) To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements.
(2) To honor outstanding bandmembers through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music.
(3) To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste and unswerving loyalty.
(4) To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
(5) To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.
We, the brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi, believe that service to the college or university band program fosters responsibility, loyalty, and leadership; that a spirit of brotherhood is enhanced by the participation in a band program; that music is a universal language and truly the greatest of the arts; and that through fraternal participation, each member will strive for the highest.